Our South Carolina Golf School is hosted by the Furman University Golf Club in beautiful Greenville, South Carolina, near the borders of both Georgia and North Carolina.
- In the Top 5 of GOLF magazine’s Top 25 Golf Schools
- PGA-certified Golf Instructors
- 4:1 Student to Instructor ratio
- Unanimous 5-star reviews from students
- Affordable — Compare our rates to other top golf schools!
At our South Carolina golf school, we offer comprehensive golf instruction for golfers of all ages and abilities, year round.
“I’ve been to several well-known golf schools and I truly believe your program and approach to be the best. The combination of videos, computers and drills is outstanding!” — B Laughon, Marietta, GA
3-Day Golf Schools start every Monday and Thursday, and include personalized golf instruction on all aspects of your long and short game, utilizing the appropriate practice areas. We use the latest in computerized teaching equipment to carefully diagnose your golf swing problems and monitor results. Your personal take-home drill tape or DVD is provided for follow-up practice.
Also included with the 3-Day Golf School in South Carolina is a program on the mental aspects of golf developed by a leading sports psychologists. This has had exciting results for our golf school students since we introduced it.
Golf instruction takes place at the practice center from 9am to 12:30pm. The afternoon is your free time to play golf, practice your drills, do some sightseeing, or just relax.
On-course 9-hole playing lessons can also be arranged (additional fees apply.)
Private lessons are booked subject to availability.
Jennifer Shillington was ranked # 1 in Ontario and #2 in Canada before turning professional in 1994. With over 15 years of professional teaching experience, Jennifer is a member of the LPGA Teaching and Club Professional Division, and was staff instructor for the nationally acclaimed Mel Sole Golf School for over 10 years.
“I finished a three day golf school recently at your Greenville, SC golf school. Jennifer Shillington was my instructor and I have to tell you about my experience. I have been working on the things Jen as instilled in me and I am hitting the ball better than I ever have in my life. Your instructors are amazing and a huge reason the program works! Thanks for the incredible experience.” —Jack W. Whitley
Map & Directions
Furman University Golf Club
400 U.S. 25, Greenville, SC
For GPS, our physical address is 400 N. Hwy. 25 By Pass.
Golfers can now fly direct to Greenville, SC via SouthWest Airlines from Chicago, Houston, Orlando, Wahington/Baltimore and Nashville. Check out the affordable rates at SouthWest.com.
From Spartanburg, SC & Charlotte, NC
- Take I-85 (South) to I-385 (Greenville)
- Take I-385 to Exit #40A, Route 291 (Pleasantburg Drive)
- Follow Route 291 on Pleasantburg Drive to 3rd signal light, turn left.
- Follow Route 291, 3.5 miles (7 signal lights) to US 276 North, turn right.
- Follow US 276 North 3.8 miles to signal light (1st light past the University entrance).
Turn left on New Roe Ford Road to the light and then take a left on Hwy 25…Furman Golf course is 0.25 miles on left.
From Columbia, SC
- Take I-26 to I-385
- Take I-385 to Exit #40A, Route 291 (Pleasantburg Drive) Note: It is 41 miles from I-26 to Exit #40A.
- Follow steps 3 through 6 above.
From Atlanta, GA
- Take I-85 (North) to Greenville Exit #42 (I-185)
- Take I-185 to Exit #1, US 25 (White Horse Road, Travelers Rest) approximately 1/4 mile.
- Turn left on to US 25 (North) towards Travelers Rest /Asheville.
- Follow US 25 (North) 10.4 miles to Furman University Golf Course entrance on right.
From Asheville, NC
- Take I-26 to US 25 (Greenville)
- Follow US 25 to Travelers Rest, when you exit Travelers Rest, US 25 splits into US 25 Business/US 276 and US 25 Alt. Take US 25 Alt. approximately 2.5 miles to Furman University Golf Course entrance on left.